Sunday, May 30, 2004

One For the Boys

In my attempt to occasionally post items of [more] interest to men, here's one for the boys.

The law says you may not seduce a woman by lying, and claiming you will marry her:

If any person shall obtain carnal knowledge of any woman, or female child, over the age of eighteen years, of previous chaste character, by virtue of any feigned or pretended marriage or any false or feigned promise of marriage, he shall, upon conviction, be imprisoned in the penitentiary not more than five years; but the testimony of the female seduced, alone, shall not be sufficient to warrant a conviction.

The law also says it's illegal to transport a skunk across state lines. (Obviously, more of a unisex law--as so happens, just the other day I myself was contemplating sneaking a skunk into NJ. Provided I'd be able to find, and recognize, one. And provided anyone in NJ would notice my highly nefarious act.)

My question: who comes up with this stuff and, more importantly, why do we pay them to do that? (Although, upon further reflection, I'd rather have politicians regulate skunk transport vs. female reproductive issues.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home