Saturday, July 14, 2007

Why Anthelios Sunblock Is A Great Choice For You

When I first started using Anthelios sunblock I did so for two main reasons:

- It contains Mexoryl and protects against both ultraviolet A and B (UVB) rays.

- It came highly recommended by dermatologists I trust.

Its excellent skin protection and ease-of-use are what kept me using it since, and what convinced me to recommend it to patients, family, friends, and, yes, even perfect strangers*. I’ve had a lot of experience with using sunscreens over the years, so when I find one that works I stick with it and tell everyone I can about it. [*I know, I know, I shouldn't bother unsuspecting strangers. In my defense, I do sometimes get carried away in my quest to inform.]

Here are the top 3 reasons I think Anthelios is the best choice for your skin cancer protection needs as well:

3. Non greasy. The quick skin absorption (I've used both the lait and the cream) makes it extremely practical to use. You can protect your skin from sun damage without having to walk around all greasy and sticky.

2. The fact that it's nonirritating and fragrance free allows you to use it even if you have sensitive skin. This is important, especially if you're using the SPF 50 or SPF 60 lines, or if you're pregnant and your skin is hypersensitive to begin with.

1. The absolute number one reason - protection against both ultraviolet A and B (UVB) rays. Most of the other products available in the US protect only against UVB, yet UVA accounts for over 80 percent of the damage that occurs to the skin in terms of aging, DNA damage and ultimately skin cancer. [Have I mentioned Anthelios has been available in Europe for over 10 years?] If you want skin cancer protection you have to have dual UVA and UVB protection, period. So...

Start using Anthelios today.

Tip # 1:

Using the daily moisturizing cream with sunscreen available directly from L'Oreal US is not good enough. I don't recommend it because of the SPF 15 (and only 2% Mexoryl). For adequate protection against skin cancer you need a minimum SPF of SPF 30 (and >3% Mexoryl). [I use SPF 60 because my skin is very sun-sensitive, but for normal most people SPF 30, SPF 45 or SPF 50 should be adequate protection.]

Tip #2:

If you're pregnant, use Anthelios to prevent the "mask of pregnancy" (chloasma). Some degree of skin darkening is seen in 90% of all pregnant women, and at least half of pregnant women develop the "mask of pregnancy"**--blotchy areas of darkened skin (primarily on the cheekbones, forehead and upper lip). The cause is a combination of genetic, hormonal and sun related factors. Not much you can do about genes and hormone fluctuations during pregnancy. To avoid developing the "mask of pregnancy" you can, and should, use sun protection. I've had very good results with patients using Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Tinted Cream. [I don't have much clinical experience with this, but the manufacturer says it also works to prevent drug-induced photosensitization.]

Anthelios sunblock



Note: Other than the Amazon links, I have no financial ties (unfortunately) with Anthelios' manufacturer.

**Williams 21st ed., p1430


[page template via Copyblogger]

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, Blogger Sharon Fargo said...

They are going to HAVE to drop the price on this. Is L'Oreal the only company that can sell it in the U.S. (albeit in the weak form)? When does their patent expire?

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger ema said...

Yes, it's exclusive to L'Oreal; I don't know when the patent expires.

You should know that there are foreign pharmacies (I think from Mexico and Canada) that sell the strong stuff online. The problem is I haven't ordered from any of them so I cannot recommend them to my readers.

The other option: if you know people in Europe have them buy it for you and mail it in.

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthelios Sunscreen has tons of reason on why this is very helpful in so many ways. It is widely recommended by the experts. It won't just protect you from the sun but also makes you look young

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Sunlover said...

I've purchased Anthelios - SPF 60 (the "strong stuff") from an online pharmacy in Canada: feelbest.com

It's a bit thick in texture, but works amazing as a sunblock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home