Wednesday, September 22, 2004

CNN = Can Not [K]now

On September 16, after reading one of their on-line articles, I e-mailed CNN to ask for additional information/clarification. Here's my e-mail:

Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 3:23 PM
name: ema
phone:
subject: Clarification/Additional Information
question: Health
'Conscience clause' grows in health care
Support sought for those who opt out of abortion, contraception
Wednesday, September 15, 2004 Posted: 9:03 PM EDT (0103 GMT)

"A little-noticed provision cleared the House of Representatives last week that would prohibit local, state or federal authorities from requiring any institution or health care professional to provide abortions, pay for them, or make abortion-related referrals, even in cases of rape or medical emergency."

Q: Is the provision mentioned in your story part of HR 5006? And, if not, could you please provide the Bill's number (also, a link would be great).

Thank you for your time.
Ema


This is the answer I received [notice the date]:

Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 10:04 PM
Subject: RE: Specific question about something you read

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting CNN. Please visit http://www.house.gov for more information.

CNN Public Information
tlpi


Based on CNN's reply, I take it I can just *tell* you medical facts and, if you happen to have any questions, I can simply direct you to PubMed (a medical search engine). After all, it's not like I'm a news organization. I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma, please contact me. I want to remove my name from a comment I posted about IUDs. When my name is googled, people get my post about spotting. It's very personal and emabarrassing and I want to remove it.

linguapril@yahoo.com

You do not have an email address so leaving a comment seems to be the only way to reach you.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home