Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mike Huckabee. On Tape: I Want a Theocracy

***UPDATED***

"[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it's a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards...."

Five minutes ago on MSNBC. Just heard Mike Huckabee at a campaign stop in Michigan saying that "...we need to change the constitution to include God, rather than (?expect God to change) change God to accommodate the constitution...."

The moron MSNBC host, Chris Jansing, totally misses the enormity of a presidential candidate admitting on tape that his goal as POTUS is to transform our country into a theocracy and talks with a Huckabee campaign manager about fluffy kittens.

NOTE: If you happen to have the clip, or know where to get it, please let me know. I want to make sure Huckabee said what he said (as opposed to, you know, the voices in my head).

UPDATE: I found a mention of the program (MSNBC's "All Politics" program with Chris Jansing today at 1:30 p.m). Jansing was talking to Sen. Hutchinson, and the clip in question aired right before that interview.

If you know how to get a hold of the clip please let me know.

UPDATE 2: Via Pam, the exact quote (bumped to top).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's some scary stuff.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger ema said...

I'm still in shock, all these hrs later. Anyway, I'm trying to find a clip of the show to post for all to see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home