Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Will He Or Won't He?


Photo by celebdu


This about sums up my long-standing opinion of [still] Gov. Spitzer: a sanctimonious bully who was just trying to advance his political career.

As I type this CNN is reporting that Gov. Spitzer is in the middle of plea negotiations, something along the lines of "if I resign, that takes care of all the State and Federal charges." I hope he resigns, but I'm not holding my breath.

And just in case you're wondering, I hope he resigns because people like him who value their political ambition to the exclusion of all else do not serve the public well, not because he had sex with prostitutes. Although, to be honest, just the fact that Gov. Spitzer has a preference not to wear a condom [when having sex with a call-girl] should be reason enough to call for his resignation.

I mean, if we expect teenage American girls (and boys) to know how to protect themselves from STIs if they have sex, we should ask no less from the Governor of the state of New York.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home