Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The Healthcare System & Your MD

Recently, MedGenMed ran a webcast editorial entitled "American Healthcare Is the Best in the World If...".

Here are some of the responses sent in by physicians:

...You are not the victim of a medical error.

...You do not suffer from a major mental illness.

...You are not easily frustrated by 5-minute encounters with your primary care doctor.

...You are perfectly healthy, and don't need to use it.

...You are not a well-educated woman with experience in biological research who asks questions -- believe me, most physicians still do NOT like or respect educated women.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...You are not a well-educated woman with experience in biological research who asks questions -- believe me, most physicians still do NOT like or respect educated women"

Holy cow. This is me. I didn't realize anyone else had the exact same issue with doctors. Not to mention that as a current grad student I also get mistaken for an undergrad living in the dorm by the Drs. at student health. Thanks for posting. I feel better now :)

Caltechgirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home