Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Good Health Reporting

I often bring to your attention sub-par reporting on topics of concern to reproductive-age women. The latest was this report about the birth control skin patch (Ortho Evra). So it behooves me to also let you know when I come across good health reporting. I talked to a reporter a couple of months ago when she was doing research for an Elle feature on menstrual management. I didn't think it was appropriate to mention anything before the article came out but now the November issue is available on newsstands. The period control feature is short, but to the point.

This was one reporter who knew her subject--not in the I'm-just-looking-for-a-headline-to-shock-and-confuse-readers way, but rather in the I'm-familiar-with-the-pros-and-cons-of-period control-and-I'm-able-to-ask-questions-that-will-actually-educate-my-readers way. Here are a couple of full length articles by this reporter, one on predicting a woman's reproductive lifespan, and one about the "perfect" pregnancy. Both are good examples of what a health article should do--give you correct information, and illuminate and educate you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be a natural remedy to totally stop your periods...I mean come on, I am starting to believe that "they" hide the answer because there is too much money being made on "period" products! Let's face it, isnt it amazing how we can send a human being to walk on the moon, but we have not found the answer to painless, messless, periods?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home