Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Morning Arts Report

The metal frames of Christo's gates (orange) are up all over the place. The fabric parts will be unfurled later.

The Gates

On the plus side, it's good for tourism. And I can report there were tons of them this morning, furiously snapping pictures right and left, and up and down. On the minus side, 5 police helicopters hovering, a strong police presence; not to keen on the use of resources.

And on a personal note, I really hope the gentleman I passed on one of the alleys wasn't the artist. That's because he caught a certain dog in flagrante delicto. He was nice about it "You can now say your dog was the first one [I didn't have the heart to disabuse him of that notion] to pipi on my work". Still, just for the sake of appearance, one would like one's dog to show more appreciation for a work of art.

Of course, no post about park art would be complete without a mention of one of my fave exhibits, the Cows.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gates completed. Making a special trip in to see them.

But the Cows were far better. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home