Friday, May 13, 2005

Confession of a Bad Patient

Sorry for the lack of posting; I'm sick.

Nothing interesting [not that that stopped me from considering pancreatic ca in my self-diagnosis, because, let's face it, what's the point of diagnosing yourself if you can't include some dramatic/exotic conditions in the differential], but I've nothing useful to say when I don't feel well.

I make a lousy patient [pleaseee don't follow my example]: I refuse to acknowledge I might be sick, I won't stay in bed unless I'm physically unable to stand, and I hate taking drugs. Oh, and have I mentioned I've been known to stamp my foot and declare that I do not wish to be sick. [Who needs all that medical education when you can resort to magical thinking.]

So, to make up for being such a bad patient, here are some great posts from this week's Grand Rounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home