Friday, August 25, 2006

The Elephant of Zen

Before I embark on another Plan B post, I had to take a moment and relax with my drug of choice, EOZ, the Elephant of Zen.




The Elephant of Zen













From the first moment I saw this sculpture it had a calming effect on me. [It used to be exhibited at one of Central Park's entrances. It's long gone now, and, unfortunately, I never did get to find out who the artist was.*]

I don't know if it's the elephant's yellow color, or its quasi tighty whities, but every time I look at it, it totally relaxes me. So much so that I'm thinking it would make for a great new religion--EOZ and its mellow followers. And the best part is that this new religion wouldn't have to compete with the other two major world religions. Think about it: looking at the EOZ, while eating spaghetti with meatballs, under a disco ball. Who could ask for anything more?



*ETA: Thanks to a reader, we now know who the artist is.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.publicartfund.org/pafweb/projects/05/littleboy/littleboy_chinatsu_05.html

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger ema said...

Thank you!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

It is a little Zen like. It looks peacful.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have honestly never seen that sculpture before, but I think it looks absolutely wonderful :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home