Sunday, February 01, 2009

NYC Tourists, Pay Attention!



You, the slow-walking sidewalk blocker are considered Public Enemy No. 1 and I couldn't agree more.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do appreciate the business they bring to the city, I don't mind at all giving them directions or the occasional bus map, and, for personal reasons, I have a very soft spot for city tourists. [Seeing a group of tourists in my neighborhood about one week after 9/11 helped me get some perspective and snap out of a traumatic daze.]

But, the moment I find myself behind some slow-walking sidewalk blocking tourists I totally lose it. I just can't help it. All I want to do is to shout at them and make them show me where exactly in their tourist pamphlet does it say it's OK to walk slowly and be totally oblivious to the locals. Must be something in the city air, I guess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home