Thursday, June 17, 2004

Seasonale: Fewer periods. More possibilities.

That's the slogan for the new Seasonale* TV ad.

I saw the Seasonale ad last night for the first time and I must say, it was well done--mostly a woman in a white dress with red dots...she twirls around...the spots lift off the dress...everybody's happy.

What impressed me most was the fact that it's one of the few times I've seen something period-related on TV that didn't come with the obligatory disclaimer (a la "Brace yourself, this is a commercial about your period."). Also, they called the period, a period. No cutesy euphemism (Yasmin has a TV ad where they mention that the brand can improve symptoms associated with "that time of the month". And what time of the month would that be?)

*Seasonale is the only birth control pill brand specifically packaged for continuous use. It's an 84/7 regimen (84 days on active pill/7 days on placebo pill).

Of course, there are about 10 other pill brands with the same hormone content as Seasonale. The problem is they're not labeled with instructions for the 84/7 regimen.

I'll post more on this subject as soon as I'm done with the task at hand. And speaking of current tasks, I might even post something about those wacky publishing world deadlines. I mean, over 250 pages to review/edit in 7 days--who comes up with these rules? At least I'm used to on-calls and staying up for 2-3 days in a row, but what about normal people; how do they manage?

Here's a short poem that didn't make it into the book. I liked it [can you say pedestal?] but it wasn't deemed pertinent. What do you think?

O woman! lovely woman! Nature made thee
To temper man: we had been brutes without you.
Angels are painted fair, to look like you;
There's in you all that we believe of heaven, -
Amazing brightness, purity, and truth,
Eternal joy, and everlasting love.

Thomas Otway - Venice Preserved (act I, sc. 1) 1682

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home