Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Bus, a Bomb, and a Bottle of Wine



Today, as a [small] show of solidarity, I rode both the subway, and a bus.

Nothing significant to report after the subway ride.

At the bus stop, I noticed an abandoned shopping bag just sitting there. [First time, ever, I saw anything abandoned in the city.] It was a nice, medium-sized bag, and it had what looked like a wine bottle inside. After realizing I didn't have my cell phone, I approached a nearby group of construction workers and I instructed them to call the police. [Yes, even outside clinical encounters, I do tend to give instructions to perfect strangers.] Of course, these being manly men, they felt the need to investigate for themselves. I didn't think that was a good idea, so, after alerting bystanders to move to a safe distance, I started walking to the next bus stop. I caught my bus, and, somewhere in the city, some construction workers are looking forward to enjoying a nice bottle of wine after work.

For updates on the situation in London, and emergency contact numbers: the British Embassy.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger SillyBahrainiGirl said...

there should be light after dark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home