Monday, January 10, 2005

Breaking News!

According to Ms. Dawn Hoppe from the City Public Communications office, the legislative package alleged by Del. Cosgrove to have been requested by the Chesapeake Police Department, and I quote:

Is not part of our city's legislative package.


Once again, I have confirmation from the city that no legislative package (related to House Bill 1677) has been submitted by the Chesapeake Police Department.

Now, before we proceed, two points:

1) Miss Hoppe mentioned that it might be possible that such a request came from the Fraternal Order of the Police, a private organization. I called them (757-547-1488) to check; it's Lodge #9, and I left a message. I think it is a good idea to verify if they did make the request. Although, if the request came from them, it's not the same as an official request, I want us to have the whole story when Del. Cosgrove, faced with the facts, tries to explain to us how we misunderstood his statement.

2) At least one other person needs to independently confirm my find. Preferably someone who knows how city legislation works. Please let me know if you do, and I'll update the post. [At the risk of stating the obvious: perhaps a journalist or reporter might be interested in a story with the potential to expose a politician lying to his constituents. Or is the topic too mundane?]

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing all this work. I really wish I was a journalist, but I'll try to spread the word around about this story. Thanks again. We need more people like you in this world. Cliche but true.

Sean

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the previous comment. Thanks so much for your ongoing attention and research on this topic. Great site in general too.

--Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home