Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alex Rodriguez on Parade

I stumbled on a parade, a baseball parade of all things, while walking the dog today. I don't follow the sport and I didn't have my camera on me, but I do have a couple of observations.

Judging by the throngs of spectators cheering [and, occasionally, jeering] the players, the sport is very popular.

The player Alex Rodriguez was passing by while I was there.

First, he's very good looking (and a crowd favorite, going by the cheers and commotion he elicited).

Second, he was the only one wearing a suit; buttoned down shirt, tie, and all. Now, I appreciate the gesture; if one is thrown a parade, one should make an effort to appear presentable. But, given the insufferable heat and humidity at this time of day, it's remarkable that Mr. Rodriguez was still smiling after being paraded for who knows how many blocks in the back of a pick-up truck. [Maybe the bodyguards around him were providing some kind of discreet air conditioning?]

All in all, it looked like both the crowd and the players on parade were having a good time.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if I was making over 20 million a year I would wear a suit too. And remember baseball is 100% American. It is the only sport played in the hot summer months too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home